Looking for the first step in working with scuba as a career? Your adventure into the professional levels of recreational scuba diving begins with the PADI Divemaster program. Working closely with a PADI Instructor, in this program you expand your dive knowledge and hone your skills to the professional level. PADI Divemaster training develops your leadership abilities, qualifying you to supervise dive activities and assist instructors with student divers. PADI Divemaster is the prerequisite certification for the PADI Instructor Certification
WHAT CAN PADI DIVEMASTERS DO?
- Work at local dive centers, on live-aboard dive boats, yachts and at exotic resort locations
- Assist PADI Instructors with students
- Lead PADI Scuba Divers on guided dive tours
- Teach and certify PADI Skin Divers
- Teach PADI Discover Snorkeling programs
- Conduct PADI Scuba Review & ReActivate
- Lead certified divers on Discover Local Diving experiences
- Teach Emergency First Response programs after successful completion of an Emergency First Response Instructor course.
- Earn several Specialty Instructor ratings and be able to teach those specialties
WHAT MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED BY FLORIDA SEA BASE
- PADI Divemaster Crew Pack (Includes)
- PADI Divemaster Manual and slates
- PADI Instructor Manual
- Encyclopedia of Recreational Diving
- Discover Scuba Diving Cue Card
- Scuba Tune Up book
- RDP (Table, eRDPML)
WHAT ARE THE PREREQUISITES FOR THE COURSE
- PADI Open Water Diver
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver
- PADI Rescue Diver
- PADI Emergency First Responder /First Aid and CPR
- Medical clearance signed by a physician (both PADI and BSA forms)
- 40 logged dives to start (60 logged dives to receive certification)
- 18 years old by the start of the course
WHAT WILL I DO?
Start out by having an amazing time and meeting new friends. During the PADI Divemaster program, you learn dive leadership skills through both classroom and independent study. You complete water skills and stamina exercises, as well as training exercises that stretch your ability to organize and solve problems as well as help others improve their scuba skills. You put this knowledge into action through a series of practical training exercises.
WHAT COSTS ARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROGRAM?
Sea Base covers the cost of the materials and course fee. The Divemaster agrees to work for Sea Base for at least one spring or summer season as payment for the course. If the Divemaster cannot fulfill this requirement they will be responsible for reimbursing Sea Base $750 for the course fee and $380 for the materials
Participants are responsible for the PADI Divemaster Application fee ($128*), PADI Divemaster eLearning fee ($375*) and the PADI Dive Theory eLearning ($130*).
Sea Base provides housing, food and rental dive equipment during the program.
Divemaster Academy candidates must submit a BSA Annual Health and Medical Record and the PADI Medical Statement signed by a physician. Candidates medical information will be reviewed by Sea Base medical review personnel. Risk conditions will be evaluated using medical standards consistent with those used by the BSA in the Guide to Safe Scouting and Scuba Diving. Candidates are required to meet the same medical requirements as our scuba participants including following the BSA height/weight requirements.
*PADI fees subject to change, Sea Base has no control over PADI fees.
HOW DO I APPLY FOR THE COURSE?
*After completing the application, please email it to: Joe.Angelo@Scouting.org
December 18, 2022 – January 2, 2023
May 9-15, 2023