Tiger Cubs, Cub Scouts, and Webelos Scouts may complete requirements in a family, den, pack, school, or community environment. Tiger Cubs must work with their parents or adult partners. Parents and partners do not earn loops or pins.
Complete these three requirements:
- Explain the rules of ultimate or disc golf to your leader or adult partner.
- Spend at least 30 minutes practicing ultimate or disc golf skills.
- Participate in a game of ultimate or disc golf.
Earn the Ultimate belt loop and complete five of the following requirements:
- Compete in a pack or community ultimate or disc golf tournament.
- Demonstrate effective pivoting while throwing. Use some of the following throwing styles: backhand pass, sidearm pass, and upside-down pass, and/or roller throw.
- Demonstrate skill in the following catching techniques: one-handed, clapping, and sandwich.
- On three different occasions, practice 20 minutes of ultimate or disc golf. Keep track of your time on a chart.
- Explain the flight dynamics of the flying disc. Draw a diagram if needed.
- Accurately lay out an ultimate playing field or diagram three typical disc golf holes.
- Play five games of ultimate or disc golf.
- Participate in an ultimate skills or disc golf skills development clinic.
- Explain the history of ultimate or disc golf and how it became a sport.
- Explain the differences between ultimate and golf discs.